DTB 60 DAY WOOD BAT LIMITED WARRANTY
|File Warranty Claim
Wood Bat Warranty Overview
All bats made at Dove Tail Bat are cut from hand selected split billets and individually inspected pro grade wood, with 0-3 degree slope of grain as shown by the ink spot. We take great pride in offering pro grade wood to all players and offer a 60 day limited warranty on all wood bats that are purchased for amateur use and that follow the Hitting Guidelines (effective purchases after November 1, 2023). Also new for purchases after November 1, 2023, we now offer a 1 year warranty on all Carbon Fiber BBCOR bats. The warranty will be voided if the Hitting Guidelines below are not are not followed. Only bats that are purchased from the DTB website or an authorized DTB representative for amateur use qualify for this warranty. All warrantied bats that are purchased anywhere other than the DTB website must register with a proof of purchase to qualify for this warranty. All bats used for Professional play are not warrantied.
Filing A Warranty Claim
If your wood bat breaks within 60 days of purchase, you can file a claim here
To do so, you will need:
- DTB order number and date of purchase
- Model number, and serial number engraved on the bat
- Order name and ship to address
- Proof of purchase if bought anywhere other than DTB site
- Pictures 1) of the break, 2) pictures of the entire bat (all sides) & 3) a picture of the engraving with model number & serial number.
- We will notify you if your broken bat needs to be shipped to DTB. If so UPS or Fedex ONLY is acceptable and at the customers expense.
- If requested, ship bats to: 163 Greenville Rd, Shirley Mills, ME. 04485
- Warranty replacement is for a 1 time per bat purchase
- After completing the warranty form all questions should be made via email to: email@example.com. Information will not be available via phone to to our main phone line.
- Bats must always be hit with the DTB logo facing up or facing down
- Contact with the ball must always be in the space between the DTB logo and within 3" of the end of the bat. Any hits outside this area will void the warranty
- Must avoid hitting the handle or the area at the end of the bat. This will void the warranty
- Broken cups are not covered under the warranty as this is outside the hitting guidelines
- Do not return your bat to a retailer for a warranty claim
- All qualifying bats purchased on the DTB website are automatically registered as of the engraving date.
- Our aluminum bats have a 1 year limited warranty from the date of purchase. See non wood bat warranty below.
- Our Carbon Fiber bats have a 1 year limited warranty from the date of purchase and follow the same hitting guidelines.
Terms & Conditions
Use of this product constitutes your acceptance of the DTB warranty and all conditions, limitations and restrictions. All DTB bats are cut from split billets, and inspected and proved to be cut from straight grained wood proven by our Pro Grade Ink spot on all adult bats. Still there are times when your bat may break for a variety of reasons. If that happens to your wood bat within 60 days of purchase we will be happy to provide a replacement bat, as long as there is no evidence of misuse. All shipping charges will be paid for by the returning customer.
Examples of misuse
Conditions that will lead the bat to not be covered under warranty include, but are not limited to:
- Hitting anything other than baseballs
- Hitting dimple balls at batting cages
- Slamming the bat down or hitting anything other than baseballs
- Collapsed cups that do not affect the bats performance
- Hitting your cleats with the bat.
- Storing bat in a car or an area exposed to the weather or high humidity
If DTB determines that your bat is covered by the warranty, then DTB will at its sole option and in its sole discretion (1) repair your bat, or (2) replace your bat with the same model, length and weight bat, or (3) replace your bat with a comparable bat should your bat be discontinued or otherwise unavailable, or (4) provide you with a voucher to be used toward the purchase of other DTB products on www.DoveTailBat.com.
All warranty replacement bats are subject to the current manufacturing lead time. Depending on the time of year this can be between 2-4 weeks. Customer may choose from a similar stock model for immediate shipment. DTB reserves the right to substitute a similar product as a replacement. If a bat is deemed abused we will email a detailed explanation and give the customer the option to have the bat shipped back at their expense.
NON-WOOD BAT LIMITED WARRANTY
BY USING YOUR DOVE TAIL BAT (DTB) NON-WOOD BAT YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL THE TERMS OF THIS WARRANTY. BEFORE USING YOUR BAT, PLEASE READ THIS WARRANTY CAREFULLY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS WARRANTY, DO NOT USE YOUR BAT. RETURN YOUR BAT TO THE DEALER OF PURCHASE. SEE THE DEALER’S RETURN POLICY FOR DETAILS AND/OR ADDITIONAL RETURN REQUIREMENTS.
1 YEAR, SINGLE REPLACEMENT, LIMITED WARRANTY
Under this limited warranty, DTB will provide a one-time repair, refurbished or replacement of your non-wood bat within 1 year from the date of purchase (“Warranty Period”) for the following 3 conditions resulting from normal field use -- (1) severe denting, (2) structural cracking, or (3) broken end caps or knobs. All bats purchased on the DTB website are automatically registered but any bat purchased from an authorized DTB dealer MUST register their bat within 7 days at www.dovetailbat.com/warranty
YOUR BAT EXPERIENCES (1) SEVERE DENTING, (2) STRUCTURAL CRACKING, OR (3) BROKEN END CAPS OR KNOBS, THEN PLEASE CEASE USING THE BAT AND SUBMIT A WARRANTY CLAIM. To qualify for warranty service, you must be the original purchaser of the bat and provide proof of purchase from an authorized DTB dealer.
DTB offers returns on non custom items within 30 days of receipt of shipment. They must be unused and in their original packaging. Please note that custom product orders are final and cannot be returned. All wood bats with the exception of stock bats and carbon fiber bats are considered custom and are not eligible for returns. Any used bats are not eligible for return. Please follow these additional guidelines when making a return to:
- Item must be in new condition. Clothing must be unworn.
- Item must be returned with all original packaging and accessories (includes box or plastic poly bag) at the owners expense.
- Receipt must be provided to process your return.
- All returns must obtain an approval PRIOR to shipping products back.
- Email your request with the order number, receipt, shipping address and phone number that you can be reached at as well as the reason for return. You can find your order number in the order confirmation email, or by logging into your account. firstname.lastname@example.org
- All returns are subject to a 25% restocking fee.
- All returns are exchanged for like product or will be issued a store credit-no cash returns.
WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER
1 Bats subjected to misuse, abuse, or failure to observe care instructions (including, use in commercial batting cages);
2 Damage by not following the Hitting Guidelines or normal wear and tear / cosmetic damage;
3 Bats subjected to unauthorized modification or alteration, including rolling, sanding or modifying the handle, shaving or other means of “doctoring”;
4 Bats purchased from unauthorized dealers (including, bats purchased through (i) auction sites such as eBay or Craigslist, (ii) unauthorized dealers selling via third party marketplaces such as Amazon Marketplace, or (iii) dealers selling altered or doctored bats); bats acquired from other players or,
5 Bats with removed or defaced holograms or date codes.
THIRD PARTY CERTIFICATIONS
Any mark, graphic or sticker applied to a DTB bat indicating that the bat is certified or compliant with the standard of a particular third party governing body (i.e., BBCOR, USA Baseball, or USSSA) shall only represent that the bat was so certified at the time of its manufacture and not at any later time. Should a bat that was so certified or approved at the time of manufacture subsequently lose that certification or approval, then DTB may or may not, at its sole option, develop a program for retro-fitting, repairing or replacing the bat and/or providing a voucher to be used toward the purchase of other DTB products on www.DoveTailBat.com. In such cases, to the greatest extent permitted under applicable law, the remedies provided under such program shall be the sole and exclusive remedies available to affected bat owners.
MAKING A WARRANTY CLAIM
DO NOT RETURN YOUR BAT TO YOUR SPORTING GOODS DEALER. Visit www.DoveTailBat.com/warranty and fill out the online bat warranty form to receive a warranty claim approval and return address.
To complete your warranty claim you may need to send your bat to the DTB along with a valid proof of purchase. If DTB determines that your bat is covered by the warranty, then DTB will at its sole option and in its sole discretion (1) repair your bat, or (2) replace your bat with the same model bat, or (3) replace your bat with a comparable bat should your bat be discontinued or otherwise unavailable, or (4) provide you with a voucher to be used toward the purchase of other DTB products on www.DoveTailBat.com. If DTB determines that your bat is not covered by this limited warranty, then we will return your bat to you. Note - A replacement bat does not start a new one-year Warranty Period. There is only one replacement bat per initial purchase.
Note - DTB reserves the right to refuse warranty service to any person who, in DTB’s sole discretion, abuses its products or warranty policy; who is rude, vulgar, offensive or otherwise disrespectful to DTB or its representatives.
NON-WOOD BAT CARE INSTRUCTIONS
This bat requires special care, as it is engineered with thin walls designed to enhance performance. Be aware that your bat is susceptible to damage in cold weather (under 60°F), which significantly increases ball hardness. High compression balls may also shorten the life of your bat, as well as team usage situations. Do not hit the bat against metal cleats, rocks or anything other than regulation game balls as this will damage your bat and void your warranty. Use only mild dish soap and water for cleaning. DO NOT use solvents or any ammonia-based products.
This warranty contains a binding arbitration agreement and a class action waiver for United States residents. If you live in the United States, the binding arbitration agreement and class action waiver affect your rights under this warranty. Please read the text under the section titled “Binding Arbitration Agreement; Class Action Waiver (U.S. Residents Only)” carefully.